Job opening: Network Coordinator
Deadline for applications: 18 November 2018
The United Network of Young Peacebuilders is looking for a Network Coordinator with responsibility for steering and coordinating activities within the UNOY network, starting as soon as possible. Paid position on 0.8 FTE, based in The Hague.
We are a youth-led network of 93 youth organisations from 50 countries around the world. Our International Secretariat is located in The Hague, the city of peace and justice. The secretariat is run by a young and dedicated international team of four staff, three to four interns, and three remotely based regional coordinators. The management of the network is done on the basis of shared leadership between two leading coordinators. We are now looking for a network coordinator – a new position that will be responsible for the management and (regional) development of the UNOY network.
The field of youth participation in peacebuilding has entered into a new phase in recent years, with the adoption of UN Security Council resolution 2250 on youth, peace and security. As the leading youth voice on peace and security globally, UNOY Peacebuilders is in a crucial position to continue shaping this conversation and action. We are going through a period of active development and growth, transforming the network to make it increasingly responsive to members’ needs and inclusive of all voices. As a focal point of contact for our members, you will be at the center of this process.
We strongly encourage candidates under the age of 30 and from the global South to apply. The position includes regular travel within Europe and beyond.
Important notice: We can only consider applicants that are allowed to work in the Netherlands. We are not able / in a position to support work permit applications.
You will be responsible for:
- Network membership and communications
- Manage communications between member organisations and the International Secretariat, working with Regional Coordinators;
- Identify needs for support and stimulate peer learning among the network;
- Lead review of membership applications to the network;
- Supporting the dissemination of information about members both within the network and externally.
- Network coordination and development
- Provide guidance, support and coordination between five Regional Coordinators;
- Support the design, implementation and monitoring of regional action plans;
- Support the implementation of global and regional networking activities;
- Drive the development of the network to increase the sense of community among member organisations and work towards creating a more decentralised network.
- Project management
- Lead the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of UNOY organisational capacity development projects for UNOY members.
- Fundraising and monitoring
- Support fundraising for capacity development and regional activities;
- Support administrative and reporting requirements for regional budgets;
- Support network-wide M&E and steers learning processes from the network.
You’re great for the job if you have:
- a relevant postgraduate university degree in peace and conflict, international relations, development studies or a related field;
- at least 2 years experience (paid or unpaid) working within the fields of peacebuilding and/or youth, or other related field;
- general knowledge or understanding of peacebuilding, youth-led organisations and capacity development;
- project and budget management skills;
- relation-management skills, including strong leading/coordination skills and intercultural communication skills;
- demonstrated experience working with networks and online engagement;
- excellent written and spoken English;
- an inclusive approach to dealing with people and a proactive attitude to your job.
You’re perfect if you also have:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience with the UNOY network;
- Additional language skills. French is strongly preferred. Spanish, Arabic and Russian are also useful;
- General knowledge of organisational development in the field of peacebuilding and/or youth-led organisations;
- Experience in M&E and/or data collection for impact stories.
We will offer you:
- a unique coordinating position in a global network of young peacebuilders with a solid track record of successful advocacy and action;
- a dynamic, young and international work environment both in the office and within the wider network;
- a contract for a position of 0.8 FTE (32h per week), for an initial 12 month term with the possibility to extend;
- opportunities to travel within and outside of Europe for UNOY Peacebuilders activities, external meetings and training;
How to apply:
Send your resume (max 2 A4 pages) and application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applicants that comply with this procedure will be considered. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
The deadline for written submissions is 18 November 2018.