Job opening: Partnership Coordinator
The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY Peacebuilders) has re-opened the vacancy of Partnership Coordinator with responsibility for implementing and further developing UNOY’s fundraising strategy, starting as soon as possible. Paid position on 0.8 FTE, based in The Hague. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We are a youth-led network of 93 youth organisations from 50 countries around the world. Our International Secretariat is located in The Hague, the city of peace and justice. The secretariat is run by a young and dedicated international team of four staff and two to four interns. The management of the network is done on the basis of shared leadership between two leading coordinators. Now we are looking for a new Partnership Coordinator, responsible for implementing and further developing UNOY’s fundraising strategy.
Accessing sustainable funding is a persistent challenge for youth organisations working in the peace and security field. A majority of the youth-led organisations operate with limited funding, with 49% operating under USD 5,000 per annum and only 11% over USD 100,000 – as demonstrated by the report Mapping a Sector: Bridging the Evidence-base on Youth-Driven Peacebuilding (UNOY Peacebuilders and SFCG, 2017). In 2016, an average of 71% of the grant applications submitted by our member organisations were unsuccessful. This challenge is also felt at the global level of UNOY Peacebuilders.
With the adoption of UNSCR 2250 and the shaping of a new Youth, Peace and Security sector, UNOY Peacebuilders has entered into a new phase where the need for network-wide financial sustainability is stronger than ever. UNOY Peacebuilders has embarked on a long-term financial strategy to face these challenges, targeting structural growth, increase in capacity, and sustainable action. Creating a new position of partnership coordinator is at the center of this process.
We strongly encourage candidates under the age of 30 and from the global South to apply. The position includes regular travel within Europe and beyond.
Important notice: We can only consider applicants that are allowed to work in the Netherlands. We are not able / in a position to support work permit applications.
You will work on the following areas:
- Fundraising strategy and objectives
- Coordination and monitoring of UNOY fundraising targets;
- Further development of the fundraising strategy;
- Preparing periodic updates on the same;
- Identify funding opportunities to reach strategic goals.
- Grant development and compliance
- Write grant applications, concept notes and funding proposals;
- Support development of project budgets for funding applications;
- Coordinate grant compliance, including reporting schedule and submission of projects M&E documents by relevant programmatic staff;
- Lead grant administration (procurement, contracts, etc.);
- Provide guidance and support to programmatic staff in grant compliance.
- Partnership building and management
- Identify relevant partners and establish communication with them;
- Maintain communications with key partners and donors;
- Represent UNOY Peacebuilders towards external stakeholders.
- Communications and Fundraising
- Support UNOY’s communications strategy development and alignment with the fundraising strategy
You’re great for the job if you have:
- A relevant postgraduate university degree;
- Demonstrated experience of at least 2 years in fundraising, budget development and monitoring, and/or donor relations;
- Track record of successful fundraising in the field of peace and security;
- A solid understanding of the international cooperation and development aid sphere;
- Knowledge of the fundraising landscape in the Netherlands and other European countries;
- Relevant professional network in the fundraising and donor field;
- Proven track record of outstanding analytical and strategy development skills;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- An inclusive approach to collaboration and a proactive attitude to your job.
You’re perfect if you also have:
- Knowledge and understanding of the UNOY network;
- Fundraising experience with online engagement /networks;
- Knowledge of the fundraising landscape in the UNOY regions;
- Additional language skills. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset;
- General knowledge of organisational development in the field of peacebuilding and/or youth-led organisations.
We will offer you:
- a unique position in a global network of young peacebuilders with a solid track record of successful advocacy and action;
- a dynamic, young and international work environment both in the office and within the wider network;
- a paid contract for a position of 0.8 FTE, for an initial 12 month term with the possibility to extend;
- opportunities to travel within and outside of Europe for UNOY Peacebuilders activities, external meetings and training;
How to apply:
Send your resume (max 2 A4 pages) and application form to email@example.com. Only applicants that comply with this procedure will be considered. If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.