Call for Board members
The United Network of Young Peacebuilders (UNOY Peacebuilders) is looking for two new Board members to help steer the organization. We are looking for:
- A Member of the Board that brings in a relevant network and expertise in fundraising. This Board member will support the UNOY team in finding new opportunities to raise funds, contributing to UNOY’s organisational development and its financial sustainability.
- A Secretary of the Board who will support the UNOY Board and team in managing Board meetings and Board-related administration.
The United Network of Young Peacebuilders is a unique global network of youth peace organisations, promoting the participation of young people in peacebuilding around the world. We connect 80 youth peace organizations across 50 countries. By working together globally we are able to support and learn from each other, as well as have a joint international voice.
The International Secretariat of UNOY Peacebuilders is based in The Hague, the Netherlands, and is established as a foundation under Dutch Law. The UNOY Peacebuilders Board consists of up to seven members. UNOY Peacebuilders annual budget for 2018 totals approximately € 350.000. The Board meets every two months, generally in The Hague and occasionally online. All Board members commit to preparing and attending Board meetings, as well as occasional involvement in other activities, relevant to the expertise they bring in (on average up to five hours per month). The position is voluntary with no expenses reimbursed. Each Board member commits to bring their relevant expertise to the meetings and in their support to UNOY.
The proposed term of service would begin asap and last two years.
General profile of UNOY Board members
- Committed to the field of youth and peacebuilding and to dedicate time to it;
- Willing to use their professional network to support UNOY Peacebuilders;
- Experience in the field of peacebuilding and/or experience in the field of youth participation is preferable;
- Fluency in English.
Profile of Board member with fundraising expertise
This Board member will work closely with the leading coordinators on strengthening and implementing UNOY’s fundraising strategy.
- At least 5 years of experience in fundraising, with donor agencies and/or for NGOs, with demonstrated results and understanding of fundraising strategies;
- Relevant professional network, preferably including in the fundraising and donor sphere;
- Motivated to help a dynamic youth and peacebuilding organization further in its fundraising strategy.
Profile of Secretary Board member
This Board member works together with the co-chairs and the UNOY team in managing the Board administration. The Secretary monitors the Board’s annual work plan, schedules and organises Board meetings (logistics, agenda, development and communication of background documents as needed, etc.), records and circulates the minutes and amends Board policies.
- Experience in organizational management, including in minute-taking;
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and excellent summarising skills;
- Team player spirit and well-organized;
- Motivated to help a dynamic youth and peacebuilding organization by supporting the management of it’s Board meetings.
We especially encourage applications from candidates under the age of 35. The positions are open only to persons residing in the Netherlands.
To apply please send a letter of motivation and your CV to email@example.com