Call for Peace(building) Stories
Do you have a story to tell or an experience to share? Tell us your unique story!
A story knows no borders nor barriers. A story travels fast. Through a story we learn, we share, we feel, we engage. A story is where memory meets hope. A story tells of life, of all lives. Each story is the voice of humanity.
We believe in the power of storytelling. Stories are powerful evidence of the commitment of youth in fighting for peace all around the world.That is why we are are looking for passionate and committed young peacebuilders who would like to share their stories and experiences in peacebuilding. By collecting these stories we want to celebrate the tireless work of young people in transforming violent conflict and building peace. In addition these stories may be used as a powerful advocacy tool to demonstrate to decision makers the important role youth can play in peacebuilding.
What are we looking for?
- Real stories!
- From young peacebuilders and/or activists between 15 and 30 years
- Carrying the peacebuilder own voice and telling his or her powerful reality
- Narrating your own personal experience, reflections or emotions of the peacebuilder.
- Written in a vivid, vibrant, lively style ( it can be a story, a theatrical dialogue,a poem, a song… be original!)
- To be published on our website.
How can I contribute?
There are two ways in which you can contribute:
- You can work independently and write your own story. Be as personal as you can.We are not searching for the story of your organization or for a summary of all the projects you have been part of (even though it is certainly interesting!). We are looking for a vivid, vibrant and lively tale. Your stories will be collected, reviewed and edited by our team.
- We can set up a call, talk about your experience and facilitate the process. During this “interview” we can decide which episodes to put on paper and co-create a story. This could be an interesting opportunity if you feel you have a powerful story but you don’t have much time or you would prefer someone else to take care of the creative part.
In order to participate and share your stories with us, please fill in this form. In the form, let us know if you are going to write your own story or you prefer to be interviewed.
Please feel free to share this call within your own network and to encourage inspiring people you know personally to take part in this project. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information via email@example.com.
Tell us your unique story and take the chance to get published on UNOY Peacebuilders website!
The UNOY Team